Welcome to the Weekend Planner
Imagine going to a beautiful fort and then learning that you have to climb for 2 hours to see the “beautiful” part. The aim of this page is to help you avoid such scenarios. You choose the options you are interested in and this page lists only those places which qualify for those options. If you need details on the assumptions, please scroll down below.
- If you don’t care about a particular category, leave it empty. Places which fit into all the different kinds in that category will be displayed.
- You have to press Submit if you change any options and want to see the revised list.
- Duration: Under the assumption that you are using your own transport. Half Day: 5-6 hrs One day: Start early morning and back by night Weekend: Requires an overnight stay Weekday: Close to/Within the city that you can visit even after work
- Area: Pune: Within/Very close to Pune City. Near Pune: Usually < 100 Kms. Konkan: Anywhere on the Arabian coast
- Type: Drive: Mostly, a place known for scenic beauty, but the drive to the place is also good. Walk: May/May not be uphill, but assumption that it doesn’t require any special physical fitness. Trek: Better to be in good shape if you want to attempt (I am a typical S/W guy with reasonable levels of fitness!). Just See: The drive to the place is nothing much to write about, but you have stuff to see at the destination.
- If you think that any of the places need a reclassification, let me know through the contact form.
- Disclaimer: These ratings are my assumptions and may differ for you