Morachi Chincholi – the peacock village near Pune

1. Anjali Shukla says:

Morachi Chincholi is best weekend getaways near Pune. Anyone can enjoy at Morachi Chincholi with family. I really enjoyed Morachi Chincholi trip in January.

2. Jay Mishra says:

It is one of the best picnic spot near pune. You can enjoy there whole day. Great place to enjoy the weekend. I must recommend to this place for enjoying holiday.

3. Afsha Pathan says:

Hello…I visited Morachi Chincholi in last month only and it was the best experience.. It is just 50 kms from Pune and we can reach there in just 1 and half hour. We were planning to visit any agrotourism place, and one of my friend suggest me about Morachi Chincholi. It was the best weekend getaway i must say. There were huge amount of peacocks in Morachi chincholi. I think wild peacocks are more than the local villagers , we all get surprised as peacock roams in to the village as local villager. We all get refreshed after visiting Morachi chincholi.

4. BookVenues.in says:

Morachi Chincholi one of the best place to visit in Pune. Like the blog, very descriptive and useful…

5. Anshuman Datta says:

Hi,
    Very interesting account of the place but there is a huge disconnect with what you say and what is actually on the ground.

We were there on 28th August 2014 based on this article only, all we could find is a village with nothing around. Only couple of locals chatting around whom on enquiring asked us to go inside a resort (mayur krushi paryatan…..with ultra exorbitant charges) wherein we may find peacocks.

We also enquired about whether there are any peacocks in the open – they denied about anything like that – they continued to push inside the eco resort (as per above). We even continued to drive on the same road wherein there’s the gate with peacock statues for a whole hour – we couldn’t find anything near to what you have mentioned. Only thing what matches is the temple (your photograph).

I would like to know exactly what it is that’s going on in that place. I would also like to hear from other fellow travellers about their experiences at Morachi Chincholi.

Anshuman

6. Rajaram S says:

yes, it is . For most part, the route is on nagar road

7. rajesh says:

Hi , I like your blog. Want to know that whether the road is safe & secure as we both are travelling in the morning to see peacock from pune city.

8. We visited Morachi Chincholi twice in this month – in our first visit we could spot only 1 peacock in the agri tourism resort but we loved the villages and the natural surroundings – we went again 3 weeks later and guess what we were rewarded with a sight of 15-20 peacocks and many of them dancing – awesome sight. Must go if you love rural landscape and serenity – INR 100 for the resort seems a little higher but if next time I am going to stick to what Rajaram suggests – try spotting them in the village and the farms – that will be super fun!
    BTW – this is an awesome website – keep enriching it please. I will try to do my bit – but this is super! Thanks for putting this up.